Delicious meals paired with aesthetically pleasing decor are a guaranteed way to become the hottest restaurant on the block. And let’s be real - what’s more aesthetically pleasing than lush greenery and vibrant florals?
But bringing biophilic design into your restaurant’s dining area decor introduces more than just stunning visual appeal. Biophilia refers to the innate human connection with nature and living systems, and there are several benefits when it comes to incorporating nature’s designs into the dining experience. Embracing biophilic design elements in your restaurants can help you create a more welcoming and comfortable environment that appeals to your guest’s natural instincts.
Here are 4 reasons why you should consider incorporating biophilia in your restaurant decor
- Enhances ambience
Including indoor plants, natural materials, and water features can greatly improve the atmosphere of a restaurant. These natural elements create a calming and pleasant environment, enhancing the overall dining experience.
- Helps to reduce stress
Research shows that spending time around natural elements can decrease stress and improve overall well-being. Since restaurants tend to be noisy and chaotic, incorporating biophilic design can help alleviate these pressures and create a more relaxing atmosphere.
- Connects diners to the freshness of your ingredients
Incorporating biophilic design in your restaurant can strengthen the connection between customers and the food they order. Features like living walls or herb gardens can showcase the freshness and natural origins of your ingredients, ultimately improving the dining experience and fostering a greater appreciation for your dishes.
- Increase customer satisfaction
Designing a biophilic atmosphere has been proven to enhance customer satisfaction. When diners feel at ease and comfortable in a restaurant, they are more likely to relish their meal and have a positive experience. This results in repeat visits and favourable recommendations from customers.
Now that you know why you should add biophilia to your restaurant decor, let’s explore how you can decorate your dining spaces.
Here are 7 ways you can incorporate biophilic designs in your restaurant dining area
- Add earthy tones, colours, and natural materials to your dining area. Consider materials such as wood, wicker, bamboo, rattan, or stone to inspire an outdoorsy, natural, and calming atmosphere.
- Play with organic patterns and textures, like honeycombs and Fibonacci spirals, when styling your dining area. These designs can be found in carpets, tiles, wall panels, furniture cushions, and drapes.
- Source furniture with biophilic designs, or pieces that use natural materials, for a gorgeous restaurant interior.
- Natural lighting is known to help boost moods and reduce stress levels, and word has it (with much research to back it up!) that the more connected we feel to the outdoors, the better we feel. So whether it be naturally or artificially, ensure you have enough lighting for an optimal dining experience.
- Creating green walls is an easy way to bring greenery to a space without compromising square footage. These stunning feature walls can be comprised of live plants, moss, and faux materials.
- Incorporating water features such as fountains or small ponds can provide a sense of calm and have many health benefits, including lowering blood pressure, heart rates, and overall stress levels.
- Suspending gardens are a unique and beautiful way to invite guests to unwind while enjoying their meals. Fun fact: The Hanging Gardens of Babylon were gifted by King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon to his wife Semiramis to ease her homesickness for the green forests of her homeland.
There you have it! Adding biophilia to your restaurant decor can attract guests and enhance their dining experience, and it's a simple process.
Greenscape specialises in biophilic designs that offer stunning, natural environments that are within reach. Our plant artistry is high-quality, yet easy to maintain and affordable, making it accessible to everyone.
Visit our online shop to see our Artificial Greenery Frames, Indoor Artificial Trees, Indoor Potted Plants, and Preserved Moss and Plant Frames.
Whether you’re a restaurant looking to revamp your space by purchasing greenery, or your hosting a one-off dining event and are looking for rental options, we’ve got you covered. We offer a wide range of replica plants, artificial trees, and other biophilic designs to choose from. From planning to execution, we'll work with you every step of the way to create the perfect green space.
Book a design consultation with us today!